Here's a couple of bowls; they're all made from Goldstone clay with a clear glaze and colored stains.
Top view of the same bowls since some of them are different colors inside and out.
The other 3 bowls; the one on the right is my absolute favorite--you'll see why in the next picture.
Doesn't the purple look so cool?!? It was one color of stain, but for some reason it turned out multicolored with lots of depth. I love it!
And then finally, I've been working on an afghan for a while now. I bought the yarn and started it about a year ago but actually did most of the work in the last month or so. I really like how it turned out and am so proud that it looks so good! It's not perfect, but hey, it's my first afghan. =)
The whole afghan (it measures about 5 ft long x 3 ft wide
A close up of the pattern; I love the checkers of vertical/horizontal stripes! And it was so easy!
As for a real update...we really haven't been up to a whole lot.
- School ended on the 10th and we've been really enjoying our time off. We've been busy with manager stuff (i.e. yard work and check-ins) and I've been doing some extra check-ins for the company to make a little extra money on the side.
- Last week we celebrated our 3rd anniversary, which was pretty exciting. It's crazy to think it's been 3 years already! On the one hand, it feels like yesterday, but on the other it feels like it's been forever. Which is a good place to be, I think. =)
- This week we're heading off to see some family that we haven't seen since our wedding, so we're really looking forward to that.
- And then next week is Girls' Camp! I can't believe it! I'm a little nervous as it's my first time going to camp not as a camper! But I think it'll be fun. Hopefully the girls will like me.
Hop you all are doing well! =)
Love all your crafts! We need to have you guys out...we should go to the lake up here in CDA and have a BBQ or something. Let me know what works for you!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful crafts! Did you find your ring?
ReplyDeletePretty cool stuff you've been making. Good thing none of that was out while Jenna was over thrashing around your living room :) Thanks for lunch!
ReplyDelete