blog background

Friday, September 10, 2010

Some good quotes

So as I've been reading previous issues of the Ensign, I've come across some quotes I really like. Hopefully you find them as inspiring as I do. =)

“Obedience is a hallmark of prophets, but it should be realized that this source of strength is available to us today.”

-President Thomas S. Monson

“Save for those few who defect to perdition after having known a fullness, there is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no offense exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness…Restoring what you cannot restore, healing the wound you cannot heal, fixing that which you broke and you cannot fix is the very purpose of the atonement of Christ.”

-President Boyd K. Packer

“I cannot get over the feeling that if revelation were needed anciently, when life was simple, that revelation is also needed today, when life is complex. There never was a time in the history of the earth when men needed revelation more than they need it now.”

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

“I plead with you, my brothers and sisters, that if you have any doubt concerning any doctrine of this Church, that you put it to the test. Try it. Live the principle. Get on your knees and pray about it, and God will bless you with a knowledge of the truth of this work.”

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

“I wish to say to everyone here, come to the temple. Live worthy to come to the temple. Live the commandments of God so that you may come to the temple. Do those things which will make you eligible to serve in the house of the Lord. It has been built for you, my brothers and sisters, that you might have the opportunity of coming here and receiving the wonderful blessings that can be had nowhere else in all the world, except in other temples, where you may be sealed together as husband and wife, where your children may be sealed to you, where you may work in behalf of your forebears, who have gone beyond. That great and marvelous and wonderfully unselfish work occurs in the house of the Lord. Come to the temple.”

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

“He has blessed you with the very essence of His power, with the authority to speak in His sacred name and bring to pass His work to bless, to teach, to encourage, to help, to govern in the affairs of His kingdom—the power of the royal priesthood. There is nothing simple or nothing to be taken for granted concerning this. This is His divine power.”

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

“[Jesus Christ’s] Atonement is the greatest event in human history. There is nothing to compare with it. It is the most fundamental part of our Father’s plan for the happiness of His children.”

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

“Children thrive on loving relationships that make them feel special. Encouragement and love are important, especially when things may not be going well.”

-Elder Donald L. Staheli

“Sincere prayers soften contentious thoughts.”

-Elder Donald L. Staheli

3 comments:

  1. Those are good quotes, but there are some things that I simply do not agree with here. It's too much for this little comment box so I blogged it here: www.james15.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that would be www.james15ad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete