blog background

Friday, March 2, 2012

Chocolate Wonderfall

So yesterday Jeremy and I went out to Olive Garden for lunch for our super-late Valentines Day celebration.  We were having a wonderful time; good food, good service (yay!! our service track record at Olive Garden hasn't been spectacular, so we were super excited about that) and good company.  Emmett was sitting in a high chair next to me.  He starts grunting and we laugh a little about his lack of shame.  Then....it happens.

I happened to look over at Emmett and realize he's blown out of his diaper.  And not just a little, oh no.  It's all over his back, there's a pile on the high chair right behind his bum, and a baseball-sized mound on the floor underneath him.  It was awful, and it reeked!  So I start cleaning up the excess on the high chair and floor, while Jeremy tries to find something to put all the soiled wipes in.  (It's a super good thing I made sure there was an extra set of clothes and re-stocked the wipes container before we went!  I went through ALL of the wipes I put in the case!)  Our server brings us our food, and we gather things together and run to the bathroom to change Emmett's clothes and diaper, leaving our steaming hot pasta on the table.  Oh, it was a MESS!

But, we were able to get everything cleaned up and enjoy the rest of our meal.  And Emmett remained blissfully ignorant of the trouble he caused lol.  Now if we could only get him to have 2 poopy diapers/day instead of one ginormous blowout!  (This wasn't the first time this has happened!)  Oh well, such is life.  =)  We still love this little dude and think the world of him.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! Good story to share with his future girlfriends, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend a night out together!!! Way to go in finding it funny, laughing at it, and enjoying the rest of the evening! I would have told Ammon to go back to the table and box up our food and we would enjoy our food at home away from the scene of duty!

    ReplyDelete