blog background

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Clean House!!

I love it when my house is clean. I just feel so much better; more settled or something. Plus, when it's clean, I don't have to worry in the back of my mind about someone popping by unexpectedly and seeing its messy condition.

So Wednesday, my house was a disaster. I'm a little embarrassed to fess up to just how nasty it was. I had two hampers full of clean laundry that needed to be folded, dishes left from Sunday dinner (and everything since then), the extra room was a MESS with stuff all over, I had a whole bunch of ironing to do, the floors needed vacuuming, and then just the general kind of stuff laying all around. It was driving me bonkers! So it was driving me crazy enough that I HAD to get some of it picked up before I started studying for my tests Wednesday night. And then I finished it up tomorrow, and now it looks SPECTACULAR! I went through and organized the extra room; either filed the papers or threw them away, got together a bag to take to Goodwill, put away the air mattress, took everything that wasn't a book out of the bookcase and found a new place for it, did the ironing & put the iron and board away, etc. And now I don't feel embarrassed about it! Yay! So now I can just enjoy today and not worry about having a clean house. =)

On another good note, the quarter is almost over! I've already got 3 classes wrapped up, and two left to finish. And I only have a final in one of them! I have to write a 4 page paper for the other one, which stinks, but at least it's not a final (although I don't know what we'd be tested on if we did have a final, lol. It was basically a entering the workforce prep class).

Oh, and last week I made a whole bunch of jewelry. I really enjoyed it. I made 2 necklaces, 3 bracelets, and 2 pairs of earrings. I should take pictures and post them on here. Hmm...maybe I'll do that later today. Anyway, we're doing well and I hope all you are too!

3 comments:

  1. I've been cleaning a lot lately, too. Something must be in the air...maybe it's so that when Spring finally hits I can be outside and not inside! I must say this though, at least you don't have a human tornado going behind you making a huge mess, and when are you going to get a non-human dishwasher? You should've mentioned that you don't have one! lol! People are more sympathetic, hehe! When's your spring break? Any big plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made some jewelry! I tried last Saturday (not yesterday but after we went shopping) and it was frustrating because it looked nothing like I wanted it to look. I think I'll start working with chains or with wire. The whole beading thing sometimes drives me nuts (especially if it doesn't look exactly how I want it to look, haha!). I might borrow one of your books. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikaela, we've converted to paper plates so there's less dishes to wash, lol. As far as spring break goes, finals are this week, and we'll probably head down to Tri-Cities on Sunday and stay most of the week. Jeremy will probably have work both weekends.

    hehe, Paula, you're more than welcome to borrow one of my jewelry books. I'll have to show you the stuff I made =) I'm way excited about it.

    ReplyDelete