blog background

Friday, August 14, 2009

little things

so I feel like not a whole lot has been going on with us lately, which is why I've been putting off updating. I'm still working, Jeremy is still painting... yeah, same ole same ole. However, we did finally get a move-in date figured out. And the darn apartment had better be ready this time... *drum roll please* we'll be moving next Friday, the 21st. =) I guess I'd better get packing!

I did, however, decide to experiment with a new kind of pie. We had some blackberries and some blueberries in our fridge that needed to be used up, so I looked for a pie recipe. Well, the one I found called for strawberries and raspberries too, but we just substituted and used only blackberries and blueberries. It was SOOO good! (it's the one with a lattice top). Then, we had 1/2 jar of apple pie filling from the last time I made pie, so I mixed some blueberries in with that and made the other pie. =)


I've also been trying to finish up some of my projects before we move so I don't have stuff get lost in the shuffle. So I finished up the nursing cover that I made for a friend whose baby shower is this weekend. Her nursery colors are brown and pastel blue, so I decided to try and make the nursing cover somewhat match.

Add ImageHere is side 1

And this is side 2

You can't really tell from the picture, but the blue fabric has little yellow and white stars on it, which was the inspiration for the blue stars on the brown fabric =) I think it turned out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. lol

1 comment: