blog background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quote

So as I was reading February's Ensign, I came across a quote that really struck me and I wanted to keep a copy of it where it would be easily accessible. I figured maybe someone else might benefit from it as well so here it is. =)

"Opposition turns up almost anyplace something good has happened. It can happen when you are trying to get an education. It can hit you after your first month in your new mission field. It certainly happens in matters of love and marriage...There are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don't give up when the pressure mounts...Face your doubts. Master your fears. 'Cast not away therefore your confidence.' Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence," BYU devotional address, March 2, 1999.

I just really liked this quote when I came across it. It seems like lately I've been questioning myself and what I'm doing. This just really helped strengthen my testimony. I know that the Lord will help us overcome any obstacle as long as we are willing to overcome it and put our whole trust in Him.

3 comments:

  1. I read that article too and loved that quote from Elder Holland, I've seen what he is talking about happen in my life many times. Golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! It really spoke to me and touched me deeply! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Totally true. Thank you for sharing it!! :)

    ReplyDelete