Yep, it's now a few days into 2009 (obviously). I think I'm getting excited about it, lol. Someone asked me if I was excited about it at the end of December, and I was pretty much ambivalent about it. I really didn't feel one way or another about it; 2008 was great, but there wasn't really anything special about it for me, nor was there anything incredibly awful about it (which is good). Hence, I didn't really have any strong feelings about 2009. Oh well.
Yesterday was the start of a new quarter at school for me. Technically, we were supposed to start Monday, but classes were canceled due to inclement weather. I freaking LOVE snow days! Hahaha! And the best part is that we don't have to make them up at the end of the year/quarter like we used to have to in grade school. =D I really didn't want to start this quarter...I'm definitely ready to be done with school. But after going to them today, meeting my teachers, and finding out about the classes, I'm actually getting kind of excited. I am actually way excited for my african history class; the teacher just seems PHENOMENAL! He is so funny, and you can tell that he absolutely LOVES what he's doing. Even though I wasn't all too keen about the topic (I'm taking it to fulfill one of my general ed requirements), he just MAKES you want to listen to him and learn about it. And I'm actually also kind of excited about my capstone and the books we'll be reading in there. One of them is called "Confessions of a Subprime Lender" and I think it just sounds really interesting, in light of this whole financial crisis that has been brought about because of the subprime housing mortgages and stuff.
Christmas and everything was GREAT! We had a blast. Jeremy was able to get work off so we could spend a little over a week down in Pasco, and it was really nice to be able to spend that much time with my family. I was amazed at how much snow was down in Tri-Cities! We like NEVER have that much snow down there! Our plan was to come back up to Spokane on Christmas day so that we could spend some time with Jeremy's family as well, and we were a little worried about the roads not being in a good condition, but Christmas day dawned bright and sunny, and the roads were fabulous. =)
I was soo excited this Christmas! Jeremy and I got an external hard drive for our computer, which I had been wanting for a while so that we could wipe our computer and get it going faster. Now it's wiped and it's fantastic! I love having a (semi) fast computer!! It has been sooo long since it's gone this fast! I'm enjoying every minute of it! We also got a bed frame for our bed, so it doesn't have to sit on the floor any longer, lol. It's still not set up as of yet because we need to get some booster blocks to put underneath it, and since there are 6 legs (and 2 of them are in the very center of the bed) I figured it'd be a lot easier to put it all together and put the blocks under at the same time rather than tearing apart the bed twice. I was also excited to get a wheat grinder, because now I can make my mom's fabulous homemade whole wheat bread! And it's healthy!! Woot woot! Jeremy got me a Twilight shirt (which I absolutely love!!). It is soooo stinking cool! Jeremy's family got us a Mexican Train game and Jeremy got a shirt and I got a candle. It was a lot of fun spending time with them, especially since everyone was in good moods and we played games and stuff.
We were also lucky enough to be able to go back down to Pasco for another few days after Christmas. They apparently weren't sick of us yet and we just had a blast. My brothers got Rockband 2 for Christmas, and it was so much fun for the four of us to play together! (Although I think their avatars look ridiculous and their band name is crazy...seriously..."the flaming homos"?) But yeah, it was a ton of fun. We also got to play the game Acquire, which is one of my dad's favorite games, and he got for Christmas. It was fun, but I think I'd like it more if we played it again, because now I kind of understand more what I need to do.
Anyway, I think that's a fairly good summation of what we've been up to the last few weeks (quite a bit was left out, but these are some of the highlights anyway...I'm just getting bored of blogging, lol). Hope you all are doing fabulous!
The Flaming Homos... hahahahahaha!
ReplyDelete