Well, first off, Thursday I went in for a CT scan to see what was going on in my abdomen. The good news is that it's not my appendix. What I have is called mesenteric adenitis, and you can find out more about it here. The way the doctor explained it to me is that the lymph nodes in my abdomen are inflamed, which is why it has been hurting. The cause is usually viral, so there's not much we can do for it short of taking Tylenol or Ibuprofen as needed for the pain.
Secondly, Connie (our manager) got back on Friday, and apparently she had a large stack of applications on her desk, and one of them had even put down the money for the background check. I think Connie is now just waiting for them to come in and sign a lease. =) So hopefully they'll come in Monday and sign the lease so that we can talk to Tina and start moving things in Monday. It's gonna be crazy!
Thirdly, we decided to come down to Tri-Cities and visit family this weekend, which has been really nice. And I'm excited because my mom is giving me a toy chest that my grandpa made that I'm going to use to store blankets and stuff, and I decided to make a cushion to go on top of it so that we can use it as extra seating as well. I went and picked up all the supplies today and I got the foam cut to size and all the pieces cut out of the fabric. I even put the zipper in tonight! I think I'm going to wait to put the rest of it together until I can use my own sewing machine, though, as I cut out my fabric for a 1/2 inch seam allowance, and my mom's machine doesn't have a mark to show you where 1/2 an inch is. So I'll have to wait to use my own. But I really don't think it'll be that hard, since I got the zipper part done. That was a PAIN.
But yeah, it's been a good couple of days and I'm in a GREAT mood! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment