So I'm blogging for the second time within a week! I think that's a record!
Well, to start thing off, Sunday I woke up with this really sharp pain in my right side, a little above my hip. It was so bad I ended up not going to church. Throughout the day, the pain level fluctuated, but it was there. In the evening, it subsided enough that I was able to get to sleep. Now, I'd had pain in this same area about a week ago, and it was bad enough Sunday that I figured I should probably go see a doctor.
So yesterday I went in to Rockwood, the clinic here. It kind of stunk because I was there for about 2 1/2 hours total. =( So I missed one of my classes because I wasn't expecting it to take quite that long. The walk in part of the clinic was just not moving fast at all. Anyway, I told the doctor what was hurting, and she felt around my stomach to find the exact spot. And it just so happened to be near my appendix, so she was worried that it might be flaring up. So they did some blood work to see if I had the elevated white blood cell count that usually accompanies appendicitis. They also did tests for a urinary tract infection and a tubal pregnancy, in case either of those could be the culprit. After waiting half an hour for the results, I found out that all of them came back negative. (and just to head off any possible rumors--yes, I'm talking about you, Knight family women--I am not pregnant.) They also ruled out the possibility of a kidney stone because my urine sample was blood-free (I know, just what you wanted to know, eh?).
So we're still unsure what exactly is going on. The doctor said that if it's still causing me pain in a few days to come back and I guess they'll do some sort of scan. I forget the exact name, but she called it a Spiral ___ (CT? I dunno, some sort of imaging scan. I think it's similar to a MRI?). The only thing is that it's a couple hundred dollars since we don't have insurance. =( Stink. But, if that becomes our only recourse, I guess that's what we're going to have to do.
In other news, we still haven't been able to find anyone to take over our lease. Our manager, Connie, went through her waiting list, but I guess no one wants one quite yet. Three different people were supposed to come in and get stuff rolling, but I guess none of them did. And the manager at the other complex, Tina, is under a lot of pressure to fill the vacant apartment, so I guess she notified the people after us on her waiting list and gave them a deadline. Connie said that if we're able to find a substitute tenant before they are, though, that Tina would probably give us the apartment. So we'll just have to see how things turn out. I put an ad on Craigslist about it and Jeremy and I have done all that we can, so now it's in the Lord's hands. We would really like to move so we can save a little money, but things happen on the Lord's time schedule. =)
Anyway, later all!
No comments:
Post a Comment