blog background

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 18: Home at last!

Today was lots of fun. We got up way early (5:30) to pack up camp so we could leave by 7:15ish to make it to the train. We caught the train at Mt. Vernon and rode it to Seattle. It was my first time on the train and it was a really fun experience. After we got off the train, we went to Pike's Place Market and shopped around there. Then, we hiked up to a mall (I forget which one) to catch the monorail down the Seattle Center. We got to go up to the top of the Space Needle! None of the girls knew beforehand (and the rest of us leaders only found out last night before testimony meeting) and it was such a cool treat for them. I had never been up to the top of the Space Needle before, so it was an awesome experience. After that, we went to the International Fountain next to it. It was a ton of fun. And we all got wet! I didn't even go down near it! We took a huge group picture on the ledge around it, and one time it squirted REALLY high and totally got EVERYONE wet! It was crazy!

After that, we started on our merry way home. We made a pitstop at the Seattle Temple to take some pictures, at North Bend to get dinner, at Ellensburg to fill up/catch up, and at Ritzville to drop off some girls before heading back to Cheney. It was a pretty uneventful trip for the most part. It was way late when we got back to Cheney, though. It was around 1:00 when we drove in and I got to bed around 2:00 after taking a shower and stuff. I had a ton of fun, but I am definitely glad to be home.

I am so thankful that we were blessed with a safe drive home and that no one got seriously injured on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment