blog background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 6: The Holy Ghost

Today was kind of a whirlwind of emotions. As I was getting ready for church, my sister in law, Erin, called to say she's officially engaged now. Apparently, he popped the question last night (after they went to Klinkerdagger's (sp?). So that was exciting. Then we went to church. Which was great. I was asked to sub in nursery and it was a ton of fun. I can't wait to have kids of my own. Then after church I was feeling a little hurt and left out because of a couple things, so I decided to turn on some inspirational music to keep a more positive outlook. And it was so nice. I just lay in bed listening to a Kenneth Cope cd about the Savior and His life. Then when we're out at my in-laws, we get some bad news about Jeremy's brother. Jeremy's parents left to go help him, and the rest of us got together and said a prayer. The spirit that was in that room was incredible. I know that the Lord was sending us some strength and comfort. This was especially evident after Jeremy's parents got back. His mom usually would have just been a wreck after something like this, but she was pretty calm. Jeremy, his dad, and Jordan all laid their hands on her and gave her a blessing of comfort. It was such a cool family experience. Especially since Jeremy's other brother (who has also fallen away from church) was in the room for it and agreed to fast with us all tomorrow. Maybe this is the wake up call and will serve as the turning point. I hope so. It was kind of interesting that today's family home evening lesson was going to be about how all things work for our good. At first glance, it seems ironic. But, perhaps they really do. Without some experiences, we wouldn't become the people we are meant to be. I just am so grateful tonight to the Holy Ghost and the comfort He can bring to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment